Fees & financial information

Fees are an essential part of continuing your education and help us ensure you are receiving a quality of learning that exceeds your expectations and places you ahead of the competition.

Paying your fees

  • You can pay for your fees yourself
  • Your employer may agree to pay the fees for you
  • Scholarships and grants are available
  • The Student Loan Scheme (run through StudyLink), which enables you to borrow money to pay for your study.

StudyLink Information

Student loans and allowances are applied for directly through StudyLink, please see below for details:


Contact Information

Website:        www.studylink.govt.nz

Phone:           0800 88 99 00

In some cases domestic purposes beneficiaries are eligible for the Training Incentive Allowance from WINZ.

Course Fees

If you are eligible, StudyLink can give you a loan to pay for your course fees.  This becomes your Student Loan, which you repay through the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) when you have graduated and are working.

Living Costs and Student Allowance

Getting a Student Allowance depends on whether you are earning any income.  Whereas the Living Cost does not and will form part of your loan and will need to be paid back like your fees.

To qualify for a study allowance you must be studying fulltime in a programme with more than 60 credits.

Course Related Costs

You are expected to cover the costs for personal learning items and activities that are necessary to complete your studies, such as field trips, text books, etc.

You have to be under 55 when your course starts, to be eligible for course-related cost or living costs.

StudyLink can provide up to $1000 for use towards these items.  Once your enrolment has been accepted you will receive a list of course related costs for your programme.   And you can then apply through StudyLink to receive payments towards these resources.  Course related costs are separate to your tuition fee, but will go onto your loan and will need to be repaid.

The course related costs should be used to help ensure you get the maximum learning and experiences that your programme offers.

Scholarships and Grants

You may be eligible for a scholarship and grant that are available nationally,  some we have listed below.

Check with your iwi, hapū or trust also to see what they can do to help towards your education (conditions apply).



Website:         https://www.careers.govt.nz/courses/scholarships/scholarships-for-maori-learners/

Phone:           0800 222 733


Te Puni Kokiri

Website:       https://www.tpk.govt.nz/en/whakamahia/cadetships

Email:            info@tpk.govt.nz

Phone:          0800 875 499 



Website:       https://www.teachnz.govt.nz/studying-to-be-a-teacher/scholarships/

Email:            teachnz.admin@minedu.govt.nz

Phone:          0800 165 225


Māori Education Trust

Website:       https://maorieducation.org.nz/undergraduate-scholarships-for-maori/

Email:            info@maorieducation.org.nz

Phone:          (04) 586 7971


Te Rau Matatini

Website:       https://terauora.com/our-work/scholarships/

Email:           communications@teraumatatini.com

Phone:          (04) 473-9591 or 0800 Matatini


Bay Trust Dillon Scholarship

Website:       https://www.baytrust.org.nz/dillon-scholarship#Dillon

Phone:          0800 654 546


what do I get for my fees?

Your fees go towards the costs of delivering your course, and include:

  • Tuition
  • Readers and course handouts
  • Student ID card
  • Placement/practicum expenses (where applicable)
  • Use of vans for course activities
  • Course administration costs
  • Course accreditation
  • NZQA credits and certificates
  • NZQA external evaluation
  • Graduation
  • Moderation
  • Use of computers and internet access
  • Use of photocopiers and printers
  • Moodle on-line access

This is not an exhaustive list of items, but gives you an idea of how your fees are put to use.

What protection do I have if something goes wrong?

In the event of financial failure at Anamata, the Public Trust will manage a refund of your fees. 

If this was to eventuate, students would be ranked as “unsecured creditors” and in the event of the institution closing, student claims would be given priority. 

Anamata indemnifies student fees, as is required, to protect your money in the event of insolvency, de-registration or withdrawal of accreditation.

What happens if I change my mind?

If you choose to formally withdraw (verbally to staff or in writing) from your course in the first seven days of the course, you will receive a full refund of your tuition fees.

Any refund of fees is made to the source of payment; that means where you have received a loan from StudyLink, the refund will be made to StudyLink.